Friday, March 25, 2011

In a Funk......

Good Evening !!!  So sorry I've been away for a few weeks! Life has just been a bit crazy, and yes, I have been in a major FUNK!  Probably because I have not been able to run for the past 3 weeks!! 3 WEEKS!!!! Yes, I am going crazy! "Somebody call a Doctor!"  That is exactly what I did not do! ( Hey there was no bruising or swelling ) So the thigh has been sore the past few weeks. I'm blaming it on overuse. I think I was just running an awful lot in prepartion for this marathon of mine.  Obviously, the marathon will not be happening! Gotta get this Blondie back on the Run! Literally! 


I have been doing some serious cross training mixed with weights.  I thought maybe I could dumb down the Marathon to a Half....... until I ran 3miles yesterday, 3 miles on the treadmill, one 800 mg. Ibuprofen, Ice, and a couple hours later and I'm afraid a half marathon maybe out of my reach right now!!! Just some dull aches, but still aches! I'm gonna try a short run tomorrow and access the situation later in the day.
                                                       
  ( not this kind of Situation haha)

I already have a runner ready to take my place.  Key word "my place" in the Marathon.  I just have to learn that I can't fix a hurt overnight. Sometimes it takes a bit of time and alot of patience.  I just wanna run again and regain my sanity!!!! (plus my bottomless pit of a stomach!) haha 

Off to watch me some UNC Tarheels keep kicking Marquette's booty!!!!

Going to the Farmer's Market and Mennonite Stores tommorow A.M.! I will let you know what good deals I find!!!!! 

Question~ Is anyone one else suffering from an injury! What are you favorite workouts right now?




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....Beth! I have been a bad commenter--I am sooo sorry! I am also sooo sorry to hear about not being able to run the marathon--I know that meant a lot. My heart goes out to you...here's to a speedy and fast recovery!!

    ReplyDelete